26.1 Guild Night!June 12, 2012
Tonight is guild night! I get excited about guild night for several reasons.
1) I get to ‘stay up late for it’
which usually means that
2) I come back all excited
3) I zonk out the next day (takes a large amount of nasty, acid green, highly caffeinated beverage to keep me coherent the next day)
But other good reasons to go are
4) I get to see something new that someone (local) has done, get experienced in seeing lots of types of quilts usually, OR
5) I get to try a new technique with the guild, like make a scissors fob, a little carrier case, a microwavable bowl, littlefoot paper piecing …
6) I get to take pictures of and see other people’s quilts and then in the next month or two put those pictures on our website
7) I get to see what we’re working on for or group BOM’s (what others have done) and get to see my next month’s bom.
8) I get to see lots of embroidery (including twilling), and occasionally hand quilting going on during the meeting itself.
9) This means I can also hand piece, embroider or hand quilt my own stuff that I bring to the meetings.
10) I get to talk with a lot of my (not all) in person quilting friends.
You want to see what I’ve done for my BOM’s so far? There are only 2 months in, and tonight I’ll get a chance to think about the 3rd.
May’s block (a little personal blurring occured)
… that’s it. I’ve been waiting for a chance to use this pattern to embroider that I believe I got for free somewhere. It’s SO CUTE and just fits the new block owner perfectly.
I hear there are other BOM’s that are also embroider, but they haven’t shown up yet, so I don’t know if they’ll be the same album block design or not.
So far they look traditional, and they are to a point, but we’ve got some applique coming, and a kalidescope type block, and some random HST’s coming too.
Tonight the rest of them are doing a christmas in July swap. For me I think this one I’m passing on. Just Cuz.