I find myself with an extra hour before work so I thought I’d update you.
First, the finish along was a bust a long. Not exactly, I did make significant progress on all three projects.
One was my strip twist quilt which is 3/4 quilted and I never yet made it back to the long arm place yet. So it’s close.
Two was my periodic spiral quilt, for which I have hand stitched, and embroidered pieces, and now am sewing the trim down and this past week have been completely unmotivated to sew the trim down further.
So I take it to work and then take it home and take it to work and … well you get the picture.
Three was my Don’t Panic Quilt which received twister blocks, a background answer to Life the Universe & Everything. And now I have to machine applique it down to the back.
What’s stopping me here? Probably the cream colored thread color in my sewing machine. LOL. All I have to do is change thread and all I WANT to do is not change it.
But it’s summer. So that’s OK.
I did get something from block stage to very very close to finished top stage (just needs an applique circle in the very center.
IT’s my Dancing Ribbons quilt!
This is what it looked like late afternoon on Sunday July 1st. All that’s left as of this picture is to remove the back and add a center applique.
Here’s the journey in picture form.
Starts with a free pattern from AQS. Too small. Blowed up on my scanner/printer.
Then colored the version of the pattern with photoshop.
Then I had to use all the organizational skills I’ve had to organize everything & then transfer to the foundations.
And then starting to sew them.
And then unsew them due to lack of contrast with the dark blue fabric.
And purchasing more dark dark blue fabrics. And then resewing them.
Last weekend getting closer.
Last weekend finishing up petals & starting to cut corner pieces. (pic taken sunday morning)
And then I thought I’d not have time to sew but plans changed.
So I finished outside & started sewing together.
And then I got the center finished.
And then I had the “bestest” time (NOT) trying to sew the curves of the center.
Turns out I ‘basted the quilt using my teeny tiny stitches. Then was able to resew together better.
Here’s a close up of some of the ribbons.
And now I have removed the paper (watching three television shows to do it). And I have cut out but not appliqued the center down.
Now to figure out how to quilt this that doesn’t emphasize the puckers that may or may not have happened while putting the outside curve together.
Very happy with this quilt. All from an email for a free pattern!