It was never my intent to be ‘blog silent’ for a month & a half. I am starting to let the blank page intimidate me. Excuses are easier to come by now, if I don’t write now, panic may set in and another week will go by without a post.
That aside, I have had an interesting month & a half since we last spoke.
1) I got my friend’s Sunshine quilt finished.
The week I sent it off, she was away for a few weeks out of state getting treatment. I finally saw the message she left for me two weeks ago, up until now I wasn’t sure if she had gotten the quilt or not.
She said it brightened her day. Which brightened my day.
So hugs to her.
I treated the quilt to an outdoor spring tour before sending it off to her. As a symbol of some of our outdoor bike adventures to this place called Cottonmill, the mall etc.
So it went to the park bench,
And sat in the middle of the gazebo in the park,
And then in the prairie,
And by a stream,
And on a bridge over a stream,
And then it was sent away to my old friend!
2) Also missed in the last month, it was MayDay and Christmas all at once, I worked on these projects for me (the hair bows) & for the quilt boutique for the massive multi-guild show happening next June in Kansas City!
Someone was tossing the embroidery in the trash and I decided to save it, and make a stocking pocket out of it. I hope someone will buy it.
Here’s another look at the stocking in different light.
The ribbon flowers never showed up well in photographs. I am learning how to make individual petals & sew them together. I have a few more sets ready to sew, and then I sew them to a set of alligator clips I had already purchased.
3) I sent out my 1.5″ squares and I got some back!
4) I worked on the center of my round robin quilt, going in the theme of pinks & purples.
I put like everything in baggies for my next round robin partner and wrote a lot in my journal.
5) I received Daisy’s round robin center. I have already prepared a small snippet for you to see what I am heading toward. I forgot that my applique points aren’t as perfect as they could be, but this was the design I kept thinking about. As a result of on points in EQ7 and some form of block that is cut in pieces, but looks pretty cool in this context.
At least I think it’s cool. It’s of a modern feel, that’s for sure. All these fabrics except the background are from my own stash and I used the focus fabric and fabrics she already had in place for the center to pick the right fabrics to add.
6) I started FMQ on my soft scrapitude. I am working in some shiny metallic thread on part of the quilting for the first time.
7) And I decided to make some orphan blocks into a table runner. I don’t have a lot of green based projects, so this was nice to work on!
So …. one and a half months of projects, 7 different types of things to work on during that time. Lots of stimulation. A couple of bad days of panic about not posting, but if I waited much longer this list would be 5 times more. I hope you enjoy!