While procrastinating on the latest podcast (well I worked for like 15 minutes on it today), I finally decided 2 things.
I decided to take some red and blue and yellow fabrics and create THIS quilt for the bed
The quilt is the ‘roman stripe’ quilt with a 6 inch finished red, 1 and a half inch finished dark blue, and a half inch finished yellow stripe.
The quilt block behind is from Quilter Geek Julie’s recent post on pink and black quilts, which I almost considered using (there’s a drawing in here of that one too – not shown).
Which made me cut my (red) fabric(s). I was trying to go for only one red, but I think I am running out with only one, so I am mixing it up here. And I am packing up my blue and yellow fabrics to cut during a guild retreat soon.
Which lead me back to looking at my fabrics, and knowing I
don’t didn’t have a back for my ribbons and bows quilt, my mind started thinking and planning … which is a scary good thing.
I originally saw a good size of a plain black on black fabric when I was making my Make it Sew project.
Shucks, it was too small … leaving me to put aside.
Today I saw the burgundy fabric for the bed quilt and thought about piecing the back of my bows and fans quilt.
I didn’t take
many any pictures, because I started going and thinking. I had just purchased a fat quarter of a Japanese style fabric last month, so let’s put the back together with scraps of black and color!
But let’s also slice it on one side and reverse the color! Yeah cool!
The front is so symmetrical, the back didn’t want to be symmetrical too.
Here are the front and back together.
Anyway, I really like this back. I tend to really like following my hunches.
But because I stole some batting from this quilt for the small kitchen wallhangings, I am slightly short of batting again. Time to go back to get a little bit more!
I have a lot of projects to take on retreat with me. Gathering supplies today, it’ll come before I know it!