39.3 Announcing March-A-Long goals 2016February 28, 2016
This is it! The first week of March approaches! I am thoroughly excited this year for March-A-Long. I have again made an audio file for you on my blog for those of you who like the audio reminder (and the ants).
A quick recap of what I discuss in the audio file:
- Announce you’re going to play along
- Pledge to quilt (in whatever that means to you) for 15 minutes a day just during March
- Adjust time on the weekends if you need to
- Set a timer if that helps on those busy weekdays
- You’re not graded on this, so nothing is binding
- You have lots of options to consider quilting tasks (lots of examples in the file)
- Maybe add to a different day if you’re too backed up one day
- Check-in weekly and I’ll announce who is playing along and who is meeting their goals
- Maybe try to tackle something hard by breaking it down into smaller chunks
- Maybe do something mindless or organizational
- Maybe have a goal for the month, be okay for breaking the goal
- Have fun, and thanks for joining along with me in the month of March
My personal goals for the month (to help me stay focused):
- Find appropriate backing and batting for small and large tops
- Practice free motion quilting on small tops
- Baste other small quilt tops needing basting and quilting
- Bind off Card Trick quilt
- Decide on quilting of Samurai Sudoku quilt
- Paper piece March hexagon from Ula Lenz
- Call and set up next long arm appointment
- Rearrange quilts on my wall behind my ironing board
- Make a video on how to make the disappearing shoo fly block
- Organize my blog a little more
I took my quilts out for the great weather to get their photographs. I have many small tops without backs and batting to practice on.
I also have some larger quilts to decide on batting and backing (this stack is on the back burner due to size and time).
And these are either basted or almost basted, ready to quilt sooner than the others
Comment below or the previous post if you’re going to join in, and we’ll see how we do for this March-A-Long! Keep experimenting!